Do It Yourself – How to teach yourself SEO and SMO
As we are living in the online Digital World where everything is available online, whether it is from food to clothes and from needles to furniture, we can order everything online sitting at home. This has become possible because now everyone is registering their presence online as well.
It has become a very good medium to reach more and more people directly, its many benefits have also been seen. The only difficulty is – you have to make efforts to make your presence visible.
For this, you should know how to do SEO and SMO of the website. Although you can do this by hiring external help such as SEO and SMO experts, but do not forget that it is an expensive deal and at the same time it is not at all like that today your website has come on top then your work is over, It’s not like that. Continuous efforts will have to be made to keep it intact.
So friends, today we will tell you how you can do SEO of your own website and get success in the online world.
First of all, let us tell you what is SEO?
Full form of SEO – Search Engine Optimization. This process is used by website owners. This technique is used to help rank webpages, to make them easier to find on search engines, to rank above competitors’ websites. While there are several search engines you can rank for, including Bing and Yahoo, the majority of Internet searches (80%) are done through Google. As a result, the SEO tips you will come across are noticed by Google and geared towards ranking.
What do search engines look for when ranking your site ?
SEO has become more involved these days as search engines have developed more aspects of how to rank sites. For example, in the early days, having the page name as part of the URL increased the odds of ranking. As the Internet grew, it became more difficult to get ordered and reliable results.
Google in particular is fighting this battle to only show the right results to searchers, which is good for web searchers, but more difficult for website owners.
Today, understanding what Google does and wants can go a long way in improving your SEO. Here is a basic list of what Google looks for to rank your site.
How long have you been online – _
Using SEO techniques in new sites is a difficult task because there is a lot of competition and Google favors old sites over new sites.
Use of Keyword –
When search engines visit your site, they look at the page content and meta information to see what it is. When people use these keywords (search terms) in their engines, they know to distribute your page as a result. This means that it is important for you to know what words and phrases people will use on search engines. You can find this out through keyword analysis. If a keyword occurs a lot, consider using variations of the word.
Outgoing link –
Search engines like to see links from other sites as well as links within your site (i.e. linking to other content on your site).
Incoming links –
These are links from other sites on your website. Social media can be very useful in this, but at the same time, other quality sites linking to your content goes a long way in improving your rankings. Search engines will judge you by the company you are placed with, so your target should be on outgoing and incoming links.
Responsive web design –
Since many people use a phone or tablet online these days, Google now includes a mobile-friendly website as one of the aspects it looks at when ranking a site.
10 DIY Tasks for SEO –
Now that you have some search engines to consider when deciding where to index and rank your site, here are 10 things you need to do to improve your search engine rankings to boost traffic and profits –
Tip 1: Select the right keywords.
Tip 2: Select the right domain name.
Tip 3: Use keywords in file names and folders.
Tip 4: Use your keywords in your page title.
Tip 5: Use keywords text in your navigation.
Tip 6: Create useful keyword content – and repeat.
Tip 7: Make keywords a part of your meta description.
Tip 8: Secure high quality incoming links.
Tip 9: Use keyword text in your link, don’t use click here.
Tip 10: Build a site map.
To use all these tips properly, you can get information yourself by watching YouTube Videos or reading Blog Tutorials and use them step-by-step for your website. Learning SEO by yourself is also a very important and simple process.
Now let ‘s talk about SMO – _
Social media optimization (SMO) is an important factor in your internet search ranking. This strategy is often overlooked by many companies, even though it can help increase your position in search rankings. In social media , there are two important search engines to optimize for you :
1. Search function within each social network
2. Google search
When you optimize for the search environment, there are some benefits – such as pointing people from your profile to your website, to find your profile, to connect with you and to reach more and more people on your website. A link that has happened can also benefit.
So today we will tell you about DIY (Do it yourself) SMO technique. Some instant tips are given below –
- Do social alignment in your website – Include social sharing tool in your site. Include a web link to your social media channel directly from your website and from your social profile directly to your website. You can also add social media sharing buttons to individual blog posts. Links on social media are often considered to be high quality links because social sites have high web authority which we will benefit greatly from in SMO.
- Consistency is the key in SMO – building your social profile seems like a simple task, yet getting business from here is a difficult task. Fill out the Profile information 100%. Search engines give more priority to those whose profile contains all the information. Keep in mind that all contact information on your social profiles should be exactly the same as on your website.
- Keep SEO Keyword and Social Media together – If you want to connect your social media profile with more people, then keywords play a very strong role. In fact, if you are not optimizing your profile properly, you are leaving money on the table for your competitors. If you can use your keyword effectively in your profile or page name, it will help you to rank better in keyword search on Google and social network search.
- Use keywords in your social posts – Keywords are important for your website, blog content and advertising campaigns . It helps your content reach your target audience.
- Be social on social media – Social media is an easy way to be social. Social signals are an important factor in SEO because search engines look at social signals and factor in how often you are posting, how many people interact with you, and whether or not social sharing elements are available to website visitors. Brands often forget that the purpose of these platforms is to build relationships. Share useful content from both your website and other relevant sites.
- Use branded cover images – The cover image on social media is usually the first thing a user sees when he or she visits your page, and you want to give them a good impression . Use this opportunity to convey your brand messaging to your current and prospective customers. Make sure your cover image is formatted and displayed correctly, according to the guidelines for each platform, and always use professional images that are professional and memorable. By using a tool like canva to create images , you can create beautiful easy cover images.
Social media can be your biggest asset when it comes to improving your site’s organic search results when used appropriately. Keeping in mind the things mentioned above, you can benefit by doing DIY SMO.
Friends, this was SEO and SMO techniques which you can easily adopt.